Friday, September 15, 2017

Politicans and Bikes


So last night I'm heading into Food Truck Thursday at the Odenton Volunteer Fire Company - Yas! Greek on the Street.....and there's this guy making his way over towards me with flyers and glad hand.

Now I'm thinking - Grog Need Food!!!  No Talk! Food!

Whelp, he keeps on coming and says 'Hi I'm Senator Rosapepe", sticks a flyer in my hand and I take off....Foooooddddddd

About that time, my lizard brain starts turning over and thinking Senator Rosapepe, Rosapepe, Rosapepe and it occurs to me that I know this guy! Or at least of him and that's good enough for me.

Then it occurs to me why I know this guy - he's a friend to people on bicycles in Maryland. You might say he's pro-bike.  

So I turn my big monkey butt around and go find him and introduce myself...and say "Hey! Didn't you sponsor some bicycle legislation this year?"

I swear I could see the gears in his brain turning over - the thought of "ruh roh Shaggy, here it comes, some bicycle hater" *sigh*

Soooo, I keep charging and say 'I just came over to thank you for the legislation and for supporting the cycling community'  --- I got the feeling it was a nice change of pace to be thanked and instead of complained at...

So the next time you see a pesky politician shaking hands and kissing babies - Thank them for being pro-bike OR ask them to be pro-bike.

Oh and swing by Food Truck Thursday (4-8PM) in Odenton at the Volunteer Fire Company and get some food

No comments:

Post a Comment